You are Not Alone...
You do not have to go through this alone. Reach out for help to a minister, counselor or ACVAP. Talking with a victim advocate can help you understand your feelings.
NO ONE deserves to be abused or assaulted. You did nothing to deserve abuse. You are a victim of a violent crime. You need not feel ashamed, guilty or embarrassed to ask for support.
The Archuleta County Victim Assistance Program (ACVAP) is a private nonprofit organization. Our primary mission is to assist victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. We work to ensure victims rights are exercised and needs met.
Through the support of grants, donations, fund-raising efforts and volunteers ACVAP provides the following services:
- Immediate crisis intervention available 24 hours a day by an advocate trained to listen and provide support. Call day or night (970) 264-9075..
- Court Advocate to explain the criminal justice system and assist with civil restraining orders.
- Emergency transportation to safe shelter. Shelter provided by the SW Safehouse.
- Advocates to assist with other community agencies and supportive organizations.
- Information and referrals.
- Speakers and trainers to provide community education.
If you or someone you care about has suffered from Domestic Violence
and/or Sexual Assault, call our 24-Hour Hotline
We do not discriminate against those with disabilities, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age or income level.
All services are free and confidential